Baked Kabocha Squash is my go-to healthy side dish! It’s so easy to make and way more nutritious than rice or potatoes.
1 cup Kabocha Squash
- 75 calories
- 214% DRV Vitamin A
- 32 % DRV Vitamin C
- 38% DRV Fiber
- Along with: Vitamin B6 & B2, manganese, potassium, Vitamin K, and folate
Easy Bake Method
- Leave skin on (you can eat the skin of Kabocha Squash)
- Poke several holes throughout the squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Bake whole squash for 50 minutes
- Enjoy with salt & pepperAlternative, you can chop up the squash for faster baking time (30 minutes), but it takes a lot of effort. Microwaving the squash for 5 minutes makes it softer and easier to cut open. After chopping up the squash, brush each side with canola oil (or dip a napkin in oil and rub the sides of each piece) and season with salt and pepper.Even though this is a winter squash, they should be available all year round at your local grocery store. This was from a few weeks ago.~Geraldine
This looks amazing. Such a great idea!